Friday, February 10, 2017

Surfing Compadre

I never thought I'd bond with someone over surfing here in New England, but I've met several people who hit the waves, and one who actually shapes his own boards. Now I've met another who works with me at the Inn who is a diehard surfer, going into the water throughout the year, even in winter. I personally think this is crazy, but you have to give them credit for their fortitude.

There was a new woman working a wedding whom I learned was actually a veteran at the Inn who worked before my time and was returning. People kept asking her if she'd been surfing so naturally we started talking about it, and she told me she goes out whatever the weather. Now you can imagine what that water feels like in January or February, but that doesn't seem to bother her, or rather it probably bothers her but she doesn't let it discourage her. Good for her, because I'm definitely not man enough to handle it. She said she'd show me where she surfs and even take me, but I'd be fine just knowing where to go. I can then pack up the kids and hit the surf. We'll see how my surfing ambitions work out, but for now, I'm sort of stoked on it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to saintmalojmgsports for the pic.
-->

No comments: