Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Skiing with Reservations

As I alluded to earlier, I injured myself pretty significantly skiing several weeks back, and while I have recovered physically, I wasn't really sure if my head was still in the game. Add in the fact that the conditions have been poor with little in the way of snow and lots in the way of ice, and you pretty much have a reluctant dad when it comes to skiing. The kids, however, are ready to go. Now just because they want to ski doesn't mean that yours truly has to take part, but if we're there and the hill is calling me, why not?

We have a regular ski gig over at the Dartmouth ski hill, which doesn't start until the afternoon, but since we can make it over and do a half day, the opportunity is there, and who am I to pass it up? Last week we headed over and the conditions were pretty good, though still not ideal, i.e., icy in parts. This winter has been disappointing but not disastrous. I decided to hit the slopes and in all honesty it was a lot of fun. It was a little crowded which made it a bit more challenging, but all in all it was manageable. At the designated time I headed over to meet the group for the ski school, which is a bit of a joke but more on that later.

Even though I think the program is not what I thought it would be, it has gotten us to the ski hill on a regular basis. Plus, we get to ski a hill different from S6, which we have only done once. We're just too darn busy to get our skiing in. A bummer to say the least, but at least there are plenty of good reasons why.

At least I got over my reluctance. Now I just have to find more time because hockey seems to be all consuming at this time.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Juergen Huettel for the pic.

No comments: