Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Strangle That Cat

I love our cats but every now and then they do something that really infuriates me. The funny thing is they know they did something wrong because the minute I walk into the room they run for dear life. They'd better. This past Valentine's day we left flowers out for mom but couldn't be there when she saw them because we had to head out for school. I left the vase of flowers on the dining table but one of them broke in half. I put it into it's own little vase and left it for A at her seat. As we were in the mudroom getting ready to leave, I heard a thump and knew something was wrong, so I went back inside and sure enough one of the cats had knocked over the small vase, spilling water all over the table. And as per protocol, the minute she heard me come in she ran for the hills and was out of sight.

We were a little late but I had to clean up the mess. Our dining table is very busy and there are books, magazines, papers, and numerous laptop computers on it. I scrambled to move things out of harm's way and sop up the water. Mom got up and came down and took over, and it wasn't quite the harmonious V-day morning I was hoping she'd have, but what are you going to do?

Just another day in in the life, as the saying goes. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to the Rose of Lady Oscar for the pic.

No comments: