Friday, February 10, 2017

Winter Blast

If you follow the news you know that the whole groundhog thing is a big deal, especially in the town of Punxsutawney... I had to look up how to spell that. Apparently he saw his shadow and we'll have an extended winter, which I'm fine with. Regardless of what you make of it, our winter has been disappointing thus far in terms of snow. However, yesterday we got a late winter storm and it dropped quite a bit of the white stuff, so maybe Phil knows what he's doing. I for one thought it was awesome, and the entire landscape is once again magically transformed into a beautiful winter wonderland. Sure, it was brutal shoveling because we woke up to it and then it just kept coming down, but it's a small price to pay to get some badly needed snow.

They predicted some sort of disastrous snowfall, so schools were closed and the propane guys, who were supposed to come and clean our boiler, had to cancel. I for one didn't think it snowed as much as they said it would, but it still snowed enough. I'm not complaining, even though that's my standard MO. I heard we might get even more this weekend so hats off to Punxsutawney Phil and keep up the good work.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to John Vohs for the pic.
-->

No comments: