Sunday, February 14, 2010

How Can You Argue With That?

The other morning N was asking for a bagel for breakfast, and when I asked him if he wanted butter or cream cheese, he said he wanted honey-walnut cream cheese. I told him that we didn't have any, and what was his response?

He said, "You could always just make some."

How can you argue with that?

So I made some, it was easy enough, and then I enjoyed some myself.

After breakfast we attended an auction for, of all things, chocolate. They were selling homemade chocolate stuff to benefit the local church, so we went along to check out the goods. We got there late and half the stuff was taken, but we managed to get some fudge. For the record, we had to kick and scream just to get that, the bidding wars were fierce.

Even still, it was a lot of fun, we saw plenty of friends, though I have to confess, I've had better fudge. In fact, it inspired me to give it a go myself, but more on that later.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Byron Solomon for the pic.

No comments: