Friday, June 7, 2013

Blossoming Track Star

Even though the track season is winding down, I have to say, it’s been a good year for A. She’s done quite well on the track, and I think her coach likes her. He puts her on teams that are above her age level, which indicates to me that he believes in her. In fact, she ran the anchor leg of the oldest kids group in the 4X200 and the 4X100 relays. Not bad.

I’ve always thought that she was a fast runner, just not an overly athletic child. She’s graceful, as evident by her skills in dance, but in other sports, she is good, but doesn’t always have the killer competitive instinct, which I think is fine. However, she could always run, especially when it is away from me.

Whatever be the case, I’m glad she’s enjoying it, and track is a great way to stay fit and find a niche in a group of kids at school. Like I’ve always said, at a young age, being competent at sports will give you carte blanche with a lot of the kids, unlike being academic, which will get you farther in life, but won’t always win you points with your peers. If you can combine both, then you’re doing okay.

I’ve noticed that the track culture is quite a scene, as well. What would you expect with a large group of teenagers grouped together in track clothes in a big open field with warm sunny weather? Nature will inevitably kick in.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to chellepeltier for the pic.

No comments: