Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sicked and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I won’t keep harping on my sense of frustration about being sick once again, but this has been the worst year for being sick. I have never seen anything like it in terms of duration. I would say for that past 8 months that we’ve all been sick at one point or another, and for some of us, it’s been continuous. I am not exaggerating. I know for me it started some time in November, when I was really sick, and then we’ve all had some sort of head cold or cough ever since. I got better for a spell, but the kids have been coughing non-stop. It’s beyond being a bummer and a cause for some concern. I see it in the kid’s friends, they’ve been sick for months, going on a year.

Thankfully, we’re getting better, but again, it never really seems to go away. At one point we were a little bed-ridden, but I think (hope) that has passed, and appetites and energy levels are returning. Now, of course, yours truly has caught something, and needless to say, it’s a complete drag. Being sick is bad enough, but when you’ve got mountains of stuff to deal with, it makes it that much harder. I’m just hoping for some respite from this barrage of illness.

If there’s a bright note to all this drama, at least it stopped raining. The past couple of days have been beautiful, which means it’s time to do yard work. Normally I’d whine about such things, but I can’t complain when the weather is this nice. How’s that for optimism?

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jake Nickell for the pic.

No comments: