Monday, June 3, 2013

Hanging with the Boys

This past week had its share of fun and challenges because A was away at camp. This meant N and I were two boys looking for trouble. It worked out fine in certain ways because N has lacrosse, but that’s at one point in the day, and that meant entertaining him for most of the day, which is fine because I really love hanging out with him when it's just the two of us. Male bonding at its best.

Of course, we managed to have a lot of fun, and granted, we probably couldn’t do all that the things that he wanted to do, but we did a a lot of them. This, of course, meant skate parks, driving ranges, tennis, and eating lots of ice cream and hot dogs. We even went to the movies. Sure, I wasn’t able to do some of the things I needed to do, but you can’t put a price on quality time with your kids, even if it breaks your back. In all fairness, I was able to get a fair number of things done, and N helped me with a lot of them, including gardening and household maintenance. So it wasn’t all a wash, at least in terms of practical stuff.

Now that A is back, I think I’ll have more free time to sit around and fret over all the stuff I need to get done. I can’t wait.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Nancy Klingensmith for the pic. 

No comments: