Monday, June 10, 2013

Winding Down

Sports are winding down on this end, with both track and lacrosse coming to an end, which means that there's more time to relax... yeah right. For those who don't know it, that's not me lying on the beach, I could never look that good.

Anyway, this weekend marked the end of N’s season, and A finished her last track meet last week. I have say, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. On the one hand it’s one less thing to deal with, but on the other, it’s one less thing to deal with. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice not having to scramble around and get the kids to their events. However, they got to hang with their friends and take part in healthy competition, not to mention challenging themselves. You can’t beat that.

We are trying to figure out what to do over the summer. A wants to continue with track, and I think a bunch of her friends are thinking the same thing. I asked N if he was interested and he said emphatically, no thank you. I had a feeling he was going to say that. Now the question becomes, what is he going to do all summer? There’s swimming, and we’re toying with getting a family pass to the pool, and he has his bike, which could be fun, but I’d love for him to do something with more social benefits. Oh well, the boy’s a lone wolf, he marches to the beat of his own drum. I admire that.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to mmsea for the pic.

No comments: