Saturday, September 19, 2015

High School Daze

We've entered into our next phase of schooling with conventional HS, and so far, so good. No major disasters, not too much in the way of drama, and I haven't completely screwed things up, at least not yet. There were a few bumps along the way, which is to be expected when you've operated outside the system and are suddenly jumping back in, but mostly administrative stuff. One thing I did screw up was being late for her first day as well as her orientation. A was bummed but she rolled with it and wasn't too angry at me, even though I deserved it. The problem I run into is that since she's only going part time, she is not there for the first period of school when many announcements are made. Also, I missed some relevant information that was sent to the parents in the weekly emails.

I felt really bad but realize that I need to really pay attention to the information that's being given to me and to stay on top of things. The lessons you learn the hard way are the ones you never forget, right? All in all, however, I think A is enjoying school. The social aspect is nice, and she has friends from many different circles to bond with. She will be challenged academically, get to experience how other kids do school, and hopefully have a chance to pursue some fun, interesting, and rewarding projects. I think the ball is in our court to seek out these opportunities and learn more about what is possible.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Michael Locke for the pic.

No comments: