Sunday, September 20, 2015

Slow Markets

I don't know what the reason is for this, but the markets have been particularly slow, especially when you compare it to past years. This could be my imagination, and truth be told, every year we hit a lull, but this year the lulls have been even lull-ier, if you know what I mean. It doesn't help my mental disposition regarding doing the market because it's hard and every week I ask myself why we're doing it. Then I remember that it's to make the big bucks to support our fabulously opulent lifestyles, but if the markets are slow, it sort of defeats the purpose, right?

There are a few bright notes. First off, it's cooling down, so we don't have to suffer through the oppressive heat, and the students are back, so there is more traffic. Even still, I don't think as many people come to the market, though I'm not sure why. I think other vendors share this sentiment, and it's sort of bummer, but maybe farmer's markets are just not that popular anymore.

Whatever be the case, there is light at the end of the tunnel, because the season is winding down, thankfully. We'll see how we feel once it's done, but suffice it to say that as of now, I'm not so thrilled with the whole process. Then again, was I ever?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Eisgrafin for the pic.

No comments: