Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fun at the Fair

A week or two back the kids went to the big Tunbridge Fair and it worked out beautifully for yours truly because I had to work and my savior, AM, agreed to take all the kids and spend an evening at the fair. Best of all, the kids had a blast. Thanks to AM, as always. I was slated to work that evening and asked her if she could take the kids for a few hours, and when she mentioned the fair, I thought the kids would have fun. They had an unlimited ride pass that evening, so it worked out beautifully. AM came by to pick them up and the plan was to eat supper over there. I was originally planning on making some entrees for supper, but since they were eating out, I was off the hook.

Later that evening the kids said they had fun, mainly because I think it was quite the scene. When they were smaller the fair was about seeing animals, eating junk food, and riding the rides. Now it's moved to another level of engagement, where it's all about being seen, being cool (or rather, being seen being cool), and of course, checking out the other teenagers. From what I was told, there was a significant contingent of kids from two the main middle/high schools, so the kids were not without a group of friends to connect with. I'm glad they went and that it's become a different social experience, because that's what being young is all about, right?

I got back from work in the evening and the kids actually arrived home later than mom and I, which I know was A-okay with them. They were raving about the time they had: the rides and food and friends and fun. You could tell they had a great time. I love when that happens.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Redroom Studios for the pic.

No comments: