Thursday, September 17, 2015

Working at the Inn

I did my first few days at the Woodstock Inn a weekend or two back, and I'll tell you one thing, they don't mess around. The minute I got there I hit the ground running and went straight to work. They have so much stuff going on that it seems like people from all departments are pitching in to help. It's pretty interesting. As I mentioned, they put me on the fast track to employment and the day after orientation I was dressed and ready to serve.

Since it's fall and a popular time in this area, there is much to do. I showed up on Sunday AM and went right work setting up and serving for a breakfast and then a luncheon. They have a massive crew but since it's a big place and they have so many events, no amount of people is too much. I enjoyed the work, it's busy and you never stop moving, but there's some flexibility and the people are nice and fun to work with. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it was fun, but it was enjoyable. There's a certain energy to it all, a bit stressful but not in a horrible way. You have so many people working and watching your back that I never felt alone, and the people take the work seriously and work hard.


I did two weddings the next weekend, but that's a story for another time. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Frank Di Martino for the pic.

No comments: