Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Back to Catering

Since the summer ended it seems like my working life is all about the Inn, but I got a unexpected call from my catering friends CCS about a gig at the college. I seized the opportunity to work with the old crew, and it was a blast, as usual. I love working with them. Not only are they fair and generous, but the crew is cool and the work is fun. Plus, we usually finish at a reasonable time and consequently get home at a reasonable time. You have to love that. Plus, the gigs are usually at different places so it's always interesting to show and see what's going on, whereas when I work at the Inn, the scenery doesn't change much. In fact, it doesn't change at all... not that I'm complaining.

The party we were working was on campus at the Outdoor Center on the college campus, so it was right by the pond. Since it was still cold outside, the pond was frozen and it was bustling with activity. Lots of people skating well into the night. The party called for hors d'oeuvres throughout the night and not much in the way of plated meals, so it was easy but busy. I even saw a few people I knew, including fellow coach TM and his wife. It was kind of funny, actually.

The night went smoothly, we got out later than I thought, but it was fine. Again, I enjoy working with this crew. I think now that winter is winding down things will pick up, but that could be the case at the Inn, as well. In retrospect, I started working the catering gigs in late summer and have not really done a full summer. This could be interesting, or completely maddening. We'll see.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Brent Hofacker for the pic.

No comments: