Monday, February 22, 2016

Nice Hotel

As I mentioned we spent the weekend up in the even bigger city of Burlington playing a hockey tournament, and our hotel worked out nicely. I was initially really bummed about staying there because it was a little pricey. I wasn't in any position to complain, however, because the person who arranged for it did all the legwork and organized the lunch and all that other good stuff. It's easy to complain when you're not involved in the planning so I just kept my mouth shut.

In retrospect, I probably should have spoken up because I later learned that a contingent of people had found rooms in another, less expensive hotel. Of course I was kicking myself at the chance to save some money, but I soon changed my tune because when I spoke with said people they said the cheaper hotel was in fact a dump, and the pricier hotel had many things going for it. First off, most of the team stayed there, and it is important to be near your friends and teammates during events like this, and we all got to hang out and spend quality time together. Secondly, the pricier hotel was very nice, and our room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Thirdly, the service was great, and they were very accommodating in terms of early check-in and late check-out. And finally, there was a really nice pool and the kids had a blast swimming and having fun.

While I wouldn't have minded saving some money, our hotel experience was great and I have no regrets (well, maybe one or two) about staying there. Plus, it was a great hockey weekend, so who am I to complain? Nobody, that's who. Besides, sometimes saving money comes at too much of a cost... how's that for irony?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Meet in Vermont for the pic.

No comments: