Sunday, February 7, 2016

Good Optical Vibes

A has been having some issues with her contact lenses, which in my opinion is en par for the course with those things. I have contacts but wear them sparingly. I've been using them for most of my life but have found them to be a pain and not as comfortable as glasses, but I completely get the allure of wearing them, especially when you're a teenager. When you're old and boring like myself, you stop caring how you look... not that I ever cared in the first place.

Her contact lens situation needed to be dealt with so we tried to get an appointment with her optometrist CF at Fields of Vision, but they've been really busy. Even still, they almost always go to great lengths to fit us in, for which I am grateful, and this time around was no different. They told us to come in on a certain day and that there wasn't really an opening but they might find a few spare minutes for what we needed, which was basically a quick re-fitting of her lenses. I even asked if we could come in earlier because she had a hockey practice to be at and they said that would be fine.

I picked her up from school and we headed over to an earlier appointment, then I took her to FOV and they squeezed her in and fitted her with new lenses, which she says are really comfortable. I'm hoping these are the lenses of the future, but we'll keep our eyes on it. In the meantime, many thanks to FOV for working with us on this situation. They are definitely deserving of our patronage, though I'm guessing we'll get a bill for their time. At least that's how it's worked in the past, there are no free lunches in this town, as the saying goes. While this tends to erase some of the good will in our hearts, I'm willing to acknowledge that it's unrealistic to think otherwise. We'll still be loyal clients.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to rsho0d 69 for the pic.

No comments: