Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Divine Intervention?

Hard to say if this was divine intervention, but I caught a break from having to run practice without our fearless leader, DW. TM was going to be there and he's one of the competent coaches and a stellar hockey player, so it wasn't going to be all bad, but it's still a bit of a challenge to have to come up with practice drills. DW had to be at a meeting for work or something along those lines and he asked us to stand in for him, which we are more than willing to do. Able is a completely different issue. I was combing through the wealth of material that I had about how to design practice plans, including my book that was given to me by the Amazing PR Man, as well as all the scraps of paper that previous head coaches have given me, and I thought I had a general idea of what we would do. I was ready when lo and behold, I get a call from TM telling me the compressor broke down at the arena and there was no ice. As a consequence, no practice.

Despite the fact that I was prepared and ready, I still breathed a sigh of relief. I was off the hook and I could hang out with mom and A and we could eat supper together as a family. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to R1ku Exposures for the pic.

No comments: