Friday, February 5, 2016

Still On the Mend

Both of the kids are still on the mend and believe me, it's a complete bummer when your kids are sick. As delusional as it sounds, I wish it would never happen. Wishful thinking, I know. A&N have had a similar progression to their illness, though with N it definitely seems more severe. His fever was higher and more tenacious and he was bedridden for several days. A had a fever but she managed to go to school and only missed a practice, maybe two. Whatever be the case, I think N is better, and at the very least, the fevers have subsided. I'm guessing this is the flu.

This begs the question, is the flu vaccine a waste of time? I'm beginning to wonder, especially since some businesses, mine included at the hospital, mandate that employees get it. This reeks of corporate influence on policy, in this case the Big Pharma. I don't want to get into conspiracy theories, but sometimes it seems like we're required to do things that have questionable benefit while someone is clearly making money out of the deal. When a lobbyist gets the government to require that their product be utilized, you wonder whether the public's best interest is being addressed. Judging from countless previous situations, I would say highly unlikely.

Of course, next year we'll be standing in line to get our flu vaccines. What are you going to do?

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Dean for the pic.

No comments: