Monday, May 2, 2016

April Snow

I'm trying not to whine about this, but the weather really has been slapping us around this year. We had a disappointing winter, spring can't seem to make up it's mind whether it's coming or going, the landscape is an unsightly brown, and on top of all this, it actually snowed a day or two ago. This is crazy. When I heard on the forecast on the radio, I was floored, though I know this is not without precedent. The weather in New England is completely unpredictable, but this still seems a little crazy.

The day of the big snowfall, it was actually raining when we woke up, so I figured that we were out of the woods and would just get a good soaking. However, by late morning, it had changed to snow and we got about 2-3 inches, which ain't nothing. I was so bummed when I walked out to the car and had to actually clear the snow off the windows. The funny thing is, it wasn't even that cold.

For all it worth, the snow melted by early afternoon, but they canceled LAX and it was still a little surprising to a flatlander like myself.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Eneko Muino for the pic.

No comments: