Friday, May 20, 2016

Possible Wood Source

I don't want to speak too soon but may have found some firewood outside of our regular source, TB. The ongoing drama goes something like this: I call TB three or four times before he finally gets back to me and lets me know he can get logs for me. I can then get the cash in hand (he prefers cash) to give to him upon delivery. While it takes a few calls to finally make contact, at least we make contact. This year I haven't heard a thing from him. Now I know I'm neurotic, anal retentive, OCD and all that good stuff, but I also know that things change from year to year. Guys go in and out of the business, availability changes from year and year, and the price of oil, gas, and propane must come into play, as well.

With this in mind, I once again had a need to make contact, especially since we had no standing wood as a backup. This coming winter is cut, split, and stacked, but there is no year 2 at the ready, and we always dip into year 2. Since I have not heard from TB for awhile, I figured it was time to look elsewhere and called a few other loggers that I know. I didn't hear back from any of them with the exception of DS, who also happens to be our neighbor. He could also be considered a friend, though I never see the guy, and was A's track coach, but that's another story.

As I mentioned, he did call me back, and said he could get me the wood. His trailer is small, however, so it's only about two and a half cords, which is fine with me. I asked for 2 loads and he said he could do it. Now it's just a question of when, which means that my neurotic mind won't rest until I see that wood on our property.

Boy, the things I go through to stay warm. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mike Brocklebank for the pic.

No comments: