Saturday, May 28, 2016

Magic Touch

We received a high tech radio/flashlight for Christmas (I think) that is a pretty cool device and of course N took to it immediately. It runs on battery but has a hand crank to charge it up as well as solar panels. He loves it and keeps it by his bed to entertain himself before bedtime. The other night I noticed that it wasn't working. N said it hadn't worked for awhile, and neither he nor I could figure out why, which is a bit of a bummer.

However, on a bright note, and it's pretty bright note, the radio is made by LL Bean, and they have, or at least used to have, a killer return policy. I've employed it on a number of occasions, and I had a pretty good feeling that they would work with us on this radio. Sure enough, when I went over there the salesperson said bring it on in and they would figure something out. You gotta love LL Bean and their customer service. Unfortunately, I didn't have the radio with me so I said I'd bring it by the next day.

Well, the next day I put the radio in my car and took A to school. The plan was for mom to bring N with her into work, rendezvous with her and take N with us to run assorted errands, and then come back home. We met up at the library and as we were getting in the car, N noticed that the radio was now magically working. I hadn't even taken it in to the store and for whatever reason it now worked. How cool is that?

While I was sort of excited about getting a newer version, we were all stoked that the thing was back up and running, no one more so than N, who returned it back to the side of his bed for pre-bedtime entertainment.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lucila D'Angelo for the pic.

No comments: