Thursday, September 1, 2016

Back On My Feet

We landed back in the States on Friday evening and the next day, Saturday, I was back to work at the Inn doing a long night shift. I was majorly jet-lagged and tired as heck, but that's usually not a big problem when you're doing physical work, though being on my feet for 10 hours can be physically taxing. My mind shuts off when I'm tired (if it ever turns on in the first place) but my body can keep moving. Just don't ask me to say anything remotely intelligible or use my memory.

Anyway, I worked late into the night on Saturday and Sunday, had a break on Monday, then did more of the same on Tuesday and Wednesday. Work has been fine, it's busy but that's the price you pay when you live such a fabulously luxurious life as we do. The biggest challenge is going to be so late because I have to wake up so early. No more late nights for me, unless of course I have to work. Fortunately working banquets often involves evening work, most of the time.

I'm back to being poster boy and it's been working out because the kids are in school and I can get the work done during this time. When there are no posters I can head over the library and write or read or take a fat nap. All good things. Suffice it to say that the new schedule will take some adjustment but that seems to be the story of my life; at least every few months.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to nwdcguy1 for the pic.

No comments: