Friday, September 23, 2016

Sleepover

Last week I let A have some friends over for a sleepover and I think she had a lot of fun, though she didn't get a wink of sleep. This is what happens when kids get together for a night of fun and gossip. Originally there was a dance at school which she would have gone to but was somewhat ambivalent about. Then she and N went to a social group on Friday night and a few of the older girls were having a sleepover at their friends house which is about 45 minutes north of us. I said she couldn't because I had some things to do and was not able to transport her. She was bummed and spent the next hour ruminating on how we could make it work, so I told her that if they could make it over to our house they were welcome to sleepover here.

Now we don't do a lot of sleepovers, which I think is a bit of a bummer because I personally don't mind the kids having friends over. This time around I was riding solo so I could make the executive decision and make that decision I did. After some discussions on social media A arranged for the friends to come over and suddenly it was a party. They are good kids so things were very mellow, but suffice it to say that they didn't get much rest, and for the next couple of days someone was a walking around like a sleep deprived zombie. No regrets, just a need for sleep. Besides, who needs sleep when you're filled with youthful vigor?

I scrambled to make breakfast for the crew the next morning which was complicated by the fact that one of them was a vegan, but I managed to get lots of fruit and even managed to whip up a vegan quesadilla, which took with her for lunch. I'm glad A got to have her buddies over and if it were up to me, they could do it more often. This, however, is not the case, so never mind.

Oh well, glad we could do it when we could. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to mcholley1 for the pic.

No comments: