Friday, September 16, 2016

Back To The DMV, Again

Third time's the charm, right?

Despite all my rantings about how much I dislike the DMV, it hasn't been that bad thus far. In fact, I had to go back for a third time, if you can believe it, because I had to renew my driver's license. In years past they let me do it through the mail, but this time around they needed a new picture so I had to go in. They don't take appointments so we (R and I both needed to do it) both had to take a number and sit and wait. It worked out because I had to take A to her morning rehearsal and then went and took a number, then mom came later with N and waited with me. Once we were called it went smoothly. In fact, the young guy who helped me was incredibly chipper and in good spirits, which made it more enjoyable. Much more so than anything I'd ever experience in LA, where the DMV is a complete hell hole.

Now I'm all set for the next 4 years, which is a very good thing, despite the fact that I had a good experience this time around.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Andy Maguire for the pic.

No comments: