Monday, December 22, 2008

Three Days til Christmas

I can't believe it's here. Christmas is always exciting to anticipate but a letdown once it passes. The kids are thrilled to pieces, so that's all that matters, in the end. We sort of had out act together this year, we got our tree early and decorated it, sent our cards out early as usual, heard from old friends, got gift boxes out on time. Even still, it seems like no matter how much you're on the ball, there are always a few choice items that stress you out at the last minute. Those are the things that make the holidays a drag, unfortunately.

We are dealing with some life issues on this end, as well. Mainly, our car. We love our Mazda, but for some crazy reason, the windshield wiper stopped working, and we need those wipers. It happened last night when I tried to move the car and it got stuck. I tried wiping and the thing didn't work. Now we need to resolve the situation. The weather is supposed to be okay for most of the day, but once it snows we're in trouble. Also, there's tons of dirt and mud that gets sprayed up off the road. The whole thing made me depressed last night, and actually made me wish the snow would stop. But, you can't sit around feeling sorry for yourself, you've got to deal. That's the New England way, and why we live up here.

We've discovered some new fun activities for the kids, mainly rock climbing and bowling, but we may have already talked about this.

I've also decided to take a new tact on writing and try to submit something every day to AC. Even though the whole peer commenting process strikes me as a bit disingenuous, the system seems to work, and I'm worthy of thinking I'm above it all.

Thinking we'll work on Christmas cards today. Have lots of planning to do for Christmas, like unpacking gifts and choosing a meal plan.

Most importantly, have to figure out what's wrong with the car. Yesterday was the solstice but the weather sort of made it hard to celebrate. And our car issues.

I tried to go skiing yesterday and the snow and wind were so fierce that I had to call it a day. Total bummer. Now I've got loads of shoveling to do and I'm guessing C will come over, or should I say hoping since the kids are pining for her. I wonder sometimes if it's constructive, but that's childhood, best friends and all.

Not feeling particularly inspired today, even though there's so much to tell. I've got to be more efficient with my writing, however, and get more done in less time. Is it possible? I hope so.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: