Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Everyone's Out To Get My Money and Cat Strategy

Okay, as I mentioned in a previous post, I get the distinct impression that people are out to get me, or at least my money. Then again, that's not so surprising, is it? I already went on about the whole ice cream debacle, but something that baffles me is I took my Mentor's car in to have the oil changed and for whatever reason, it cost nearly $60. I couldn't believe it. I was going to change it myself, but I couldn't get to the darn filter, so I just took it in. I even bought the oil and filter, but ended up returning it to the store.

I also ran into another problem with the car, and I know my Mentor is shaking his head in disbelief, but the darn mechanics can't seem to find the right filter for the car. The one they had didn't fit, so they called the parts place, and they brought one over that was the wrong size, as well. I ended up sitting there for over 2 hours while they tried to find the filter. Finally I said forget it, just put the old one on, I had to go.

The next day, I was going to change the oil on our car and had the thing jacked up and ready to go, and I couldn't get the darn bolt off. I had been changing the oil for the past year, but the last oil change, I took it into Bob's because we needed the tires rotated so I just had them do it. They put the lug-nut on too tight, I couldn't get it off, and started to warp the bolt, rounding the edges. I was bummed, and decided to just take it in. I kind felt slighted, however, by the fact that they had put the bolt on too tightly and I wasn't man enough to loosen it. Time to get an impact wrench.

Coupled with my conspiracy theories about Ben and Jerry's, I'm convinced that the world is conspiring against me. Oh well, what else is new?

One final note, we've been having problems getting the cats to come inside at night, or should I say, R has been having trouble. She is out there sometimes until midnight calling for them, and on some nights, they stay out all night. If they knew the dangers they were in, they wouldn't be so bold, but they're cats, after all. Either way, we have shifted to feeding them once a day, and in the evening. We'll starve them into submission.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to A&N for the pic.

No comments: