Monday, May 24, 2010

Toothache

My dental woes really came to a head last week, and I was convinced I needed an emergency visit with my dentist. All the while, my family gives me no sympathy and can't understand why I'm such a big baby. Boy, if they only knew...

Either way, the fillings that I had done had begun to really hurt, so much so that they were borderline debilitating. I know, I'm being too dramatic, but the pain was excruciating. Forget about the fact that I couldn't eat, it really felt like the left side of my head was being crushed in a vise. A dull throb that seemed to seep into the rest of my head. Believe me when I tell you, it was painful. I called the dentist, who only comes in on Mondays and Tuesdays, and left a message, hoping that by then, the pain would go away.

In the meantime, I can't eat. At least not anything even remotely crunchy or hard. The problems is, on the one side of my mouth the cavity hurts, and on the other, I had the wisdom tooth pulled and another tooth filled, so I have pain on both ends and can't favor one side. Cold things are like eating dynamite, and hot things hurt, as well. I think I'm ready for a root canal.

If there is one bright note to it all, I'm losing weight because I can't do what I love to do throughout the day, which is to snack constantly. Bummer.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Francisco Navarro for the pic.

No comments: