Friday, May 28, 2010

Mr. Popper's Penguins

We attended the local performance of Mr. Popper's Penguins at the Northern Stage, and they did an amazing job. The play was written and staged by the people in the company, and they did the music as well. Not only was the acting fantastic, but the music was so well done. What a talented group they are. I'd love for A&N to be more involved with them, I really think they'd thrive, but we'll see.

The play was nicely done, the kids are so good at their art, and I was glad we went. I also hoped that maybe A would be inspired to see what great things kids can do.

We also saw a bunch of our friends there, include the H's, and I have to confess, the theme of the play really spoke to me-unrealized dreams in the face of having to answer to the practical demands of everyday life. Who can't relate to that?

My hats off to Jody, Mary, Scott, and the entire crew. A fine performance.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and Mohammed Amod for the pic.

No comments: