Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Drama Drama

Being a homeschool family can make it a challenge to stay in the loop, especially when it involves school activities. Then again, it begs the question, do I really want to be in that loop?

Whatever be the case, because we are not actually physically present at the school, it makes it a bit of a challenge to be up to date regarding what’s going on in school play. This would not be an issue if A was not in the cast, but since she is, I need to know when the rehearsal times are, which change every week.

I also missed the audition because I failed to check the email that went out, but JB was cool enough to think of A and reserve a spot for her. In an interesting twist on this, A actually recently got bumped up in her role. She was initially a supporting character, which I attributed to my failure to be on top of the things, being an outsider and all. My initial guilty reaction was, “Why can’t she have a major role? She’s good enough, and it’s not her fault that she missed the rehearsal, it’s mine!”

But I realized the folly of my way of thinking and kept my big mouth shut. It’s a kid’s play, after all, and it does not matter what role A has, all that is important is that she gets to take part and hang with her buddies. Besides, things have a funny way of working out. As I mentioned, after the first rehearsal, she got bumped up into a bigger role, which again, is not a big issue, but it kind of a nice thing, isn’t it?

Anyway, because the schedule changes every week, I have to drop by there and find out what days various actors will need to show up, since the play is rather complicated and all the roles require lots of practice time. I’m just glad she’s having fun and enjoying the process. That’s what life is all about, isn’t it?

I’ll tell you one thing, it ain’t east being an overbearing, neurotic parent who over-thinks everything.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to haak78 for the pic.

No comments: