Thursday, January 13, 2011

Funtastic Friday

I know, I know, it’s a goofy play on words, I'm a big dork. My kids remind me of this fact every day, but cut me some slack, I don't get out much. Last Friday we had quite a fun filled day, and the coming Friday promises to be more of the same, if not more so because of drama practice, a.k.a. rehearsal. That is, of course, unless we get snowed out.

We were going to be out all day because it was one thing after another, so that meant upon walking out the door, I had to be ready for the entire day. This meant having lunch ready by the time we headed out to pottery, so I had to ask R to wash all the morning dishes. I dropped the kids off, then jetted over to the dump to unload the recycling, then back to pottery, where we had a blast, as usual.

We were supposed to pick up A&I after school, which was an early day off, so we headed over to get them, then over to the library where they had a special program making a movie with the local cable network. They had a lot of fun with that, and AM does such a nice job of scheduling cool activities. It also gave me a solid 2-2.5 hours of down time alone in the library, working on my computer and looking for books. I love when that happens.

After the library, HH said the girls wanted A&N over, so she took them and I had 1.5 hours on my own. What a bonus! She said AG would bring them over to our house afterward, so I was a free man for 2 hours. I jumped in the car, jetted over to the Listen Center Thrift Store, and scored a killer jacket to replace my one that just broke. It is in perfect shape, and is a medium weight LL Bean waterproof coat. Personally I thought it was a score. The tag listed it at $10, but they were having a sale so I got it for $5. Amazing. It pays to go to the Listen in Lebanon because all the people in Hanover and Norwich unload their nice clothes.

I got home in time to start making supper, and R actually got home before the kids, so we were hanging out waiting for them, and man was it quiet. Almost too quiet. I have to confess, despite the fact that I’m with the kids all day, when they are not there, I miss them. Go figure.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to sanja gjenero for the pic.

No comments: