Friday, January 21, 2011

Projects

We (I?) have been trying to take a step back from our horrendous schedules and work more towards getting things done around house, not only addressing practical needs, but making fun things that the kids can help out with. A win-win situation, if there ever was one, because we get the satisfaction of knowing we at least tried, and A&N get to see firsthand how finished products come into being. This should hopefully instill them with some sort of appreciation of the time and effort that goes into making something, (this includes meals BTW), whereby they will take less things in life for granted (again, about the meals), but I could be asking for too much. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time.

Certain things, of course, are beyond our capabilities, especially if we were pining for some pieces of modern furniture, or any sort of equipment. In those instances, we would have to turn to places like CSN.com to buy them. I've had many interactions with them in the past and it's always been a good experience.

In the meantime, we are going to get a little ambitious. In addition to the various culinary projects that are in the making, A has indicated that she would like a large wooden box to hold some of her stuff. Naturally I got a little too enthusiastic about it and decided to make something perhaps beyond her expectations, but would please her nonetheless. Off to Home Depot we went, and I got brass hinges and latches, and thought that I should make one for N, as well. Now we have all this wood in the basement and the clock is ticking. I can't afford to sit on this one, because the kids won't be as patient as R.

We also need a new shelf for the pics, which will need to be stained, and assorted electrical maintenance. Mind you, all of this is in our house and has nothing to do with the barn, but don't get me started on that one, it might make me stress. I still need to contact the B the plumber about all that.

Speaking of plumbing, I thought of two additional items that need to be addressed, one of which I can most definitely accomplish but don't want to, and the other I have no clue how to approach and will have to consult with JH and his magic bag of tools, but those are stories for another blog.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sarah Barth and Luis Brito for the pics.

No comments: