Monday, January 31, 2011

Scoring with Warm Hands and Feet

The last time we were skiing at the Dartmouth Skiway, we froze our buns off, and it was pretty miserable. The hardest thing is riding that darn chairlift up. The down time is when you really feel the cold. Plus, being so high up, you really catch the wind.

It got to be intolerable, and at one point, we had to head into the lodge. It was there that we had the brilliant idea of getting hand/foot warmers. These things are amazing, and they are not made with toxic chemicals. In fact, they claim to be all natural.

Whatever be the case, we loved them, and made skiing possible in the cold, because the rest of our body’s were warm, it’s the hands and feet that get cold, and once that happens, your day goes downhill (no pun intended) from there.

The only problem is, with three of us, that’s a lot of warmers. Three sets of hands and feet comes out to about $12-15 a pop. The ski hills tend to charge you about $2-3 for each one. I knew this couldn’t go on, so I set out to find bargain hand warmers, and my quest brought me to Mister G’s. I couldn’t believe it, they had just gotten some in, and they were a deal. I love that place. I scored a box of each for a fraction of the price.

Now we’re ready to hit the slopes in (relative) comfort, and I can’t tell you how much that improves my disposition. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: