Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bad Planning

We had to drive out to Pittsfield, just past Killington, yesterday and it really threw off our daily plan. I.e., we were on the road when lunchtime rolled around, and I didn’t want to stop somewhere to eat for numerous reasons. We weren’t that far from home. Anyway, the situation was complicated by the fact that we had karate that night, so we had to either eat a late lunch, skipping supper, or have a snack and then an early supper. I opted for the latter, and it didn’t quite work out.

In fact, this always seems to happen, and I never quite learn from my mistakes. Not a good thing in the whole Darwinian scheme of things. I stopped at the store to get something for the kids to eat and drink, opting for popcorn and some Nantucket Nectars. For the record, it ain’t easy finding beverages that don’t contain preservatives, artificial flavor/colors, and high fructose corn syrup. It’s amazing what we put into our bodies.

The kids ate their snack, and by the time they were done, were pretty sated. This was around 2:00, and I figured that by 5:00, they’d be hungry again, but they weren’t. We ended up skipping dinner and then eating after karate. I was kicking myself, because it’s bad enough to skip a meal, but to skip it and have popcorn instead is a bummer.

What I should have done was simply make them wait and then made a big lunch. Then they’d have some real food in their stomachs and could have a light snack after karate. I hate when I blow it like that.

Oh well, live and learn, or not. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to aprilbell for the pic.

No comments: