Monday, August 15, 2011

Mixed Emotions

I have been trying to contact some important people and have had mixed results, but I’ll keep my cool and be patient. First off, I got in touch with JH and his magic bag of tools, and we’re all set to begin building again next week. This should be good. I also had some concerns about our propane contract. They seemed to have changed providers, and it’s a little tricky when that happens because there are legal issues about who owns your propane tank and who fills it. I.e., they have to be the same, unless you own your own tank. I’m not sure if we own ours, though a quick call would clear that up.

Either way, they had used Irving for all these years, which is our provider, but then they mentioned someone new, and I worried that they wouldn’t fill our tank, but I contacted the Fuel Club and it was all straightened out. Phew!

Next up, BL, our plumber. I was thinking we could work this weekend, but no word from him. I have to stay on that one. Also, TB the logger has yet to return my calls. I spoke with him early in Spring and arranged to get firewood at some point this Summer, though it’s not a rush. He hasn’t returned my call from Monday, which makes me wonder if he’s out of town. He’s generally very reliable, and at the very least, would let me know if he cannot pull it off. I need to know, however, so I can look elsewhere if need be.

Finally, I sent out a few query letters for writing projects, and no word on that front, either. I just can’t seem to get a break in this town.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Felix atsoram for the pic.

No comments: