Friday, August 5, 2011

Clowning Around

The kids are having a blast at clown camp. Much thanks to JM, MZ, and JM, the guys running the show, they do such a nice job. They had really nice words to say about A&N, especially the creative energy that they bring to the camp. M came up to me and said jokingly, “You gotta get your kids to lighten up.” Of course, I missed the facetiousness and immediately felt my defensive blood flowing before I realized that he was kidding. Whew, almost made a fool of myself.

The nice thing about it is that many of their friends are in attendance, and they all live in town, so it’s a lot of fun. What’s really cool is that N has come out of his shell, and when I told the teachers that he’s normally reserved and low-key, they were floored and couldn’t believe it. Hmm, looks like we have a performer just waiting to break out, something to think about in the future.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Marjorie Manicke for the pic.

No comments: