Thursday, August 25, 2011

Helping Out iKODI

Our friend DO is always looking for help on his mission to provide for his village in Africa (Kenya, specifically), and he’s such a nice and sincere guy that you can’t help but want to help. Now don’t ask me what I was thinking when I agreed to help out on this one, but his web guy is leaving, and I said I’d help to maintain the website for I-KODI. I know I’m going to gripe and moan when the time comes, but this is an organization that is important to R, and she has been integrally involved for years.

I do things for them now and then, but this is my first foray into an official capacity, doing something that I have little experience in. Regardless of my ineptitude, he is grateful for my help. This could be interesting.

We met over in the big city and he gave me the relevant information, though I may need more. The website looks fine, and I believe it was done using iWeb, which is the same software that I used. It may be tricky going in and tweaking what has already been done, which may mean that it might be easier to just start over again, though that is not as appealing. It’s just tricky getting in touch with the previous webmaster because he’s a man in transition. Somehow I’ll need to get ahold of him.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Robert Proksa for the pic.

No comments: