Friday, August 5, 2011

First Babysitting Gig

A scored her first babysitting gig at the market, and I think it thrilled her to pieces. The fact is, A is good with younger kids, she really takes the time to pay attention to them and play with them, and they really gravitate to her. I’ve seen her at the park or playground, and even in lieu of her friends, she’ll take the time to be with younger kids. At first I thought she got stuck babysitting the little ones, but she really likes it, I think, because she always ends up doing it.

Parents have asked her/us if she was interested in babysitting their toddlers, and she was excited about it, but it never really came to pass. R and I figured that if it happened, we would always be there to back her up. This past market, one of the vendors needed some help and wondered if A would watch their 5 year old daughter, and A said yes. This girl is one of the cutest, spunkiest kids I have ever seen, and she adores A. Because it’s the market, it’s nice because they can play in the grass and just hang out. It worked out beautifully, I think A had fun (N was there for support), and A is now an official babysitter. How exciting.

We’re so proud of here, she showed great responsibility, and I think everyone had fun. Where do you go from here?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to valerio lo bello for the pic.

No comments: