Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun With Karate

I was on the verge of blowing off karate the other night, but then felt like it was too easy to give in to the urge to quit. A&R weren’t so keen on it either, so I was swimming against a tide of resistance, which was all the more reason to go. So we went. I have to admit, it takes a lot to go to class every week, and they are toying with the idea of doing it twice a week, which is probably too much for us. I’m glad we go regularly, however, because I’ve always regretted not doing it in the past, and I’ve had loads of time and opportunity, and yet never did.

Class was nice, we were lucky to have DC show up, he’s a good teacher. The class was small, but big enough to get a lot out of it. I ended up teaching bow katas to the blue belts while sensei H worked with the purples. It worked out well, and I’m glad we went. No sign of Master H, hope all is well.

You realize how much work it is for the senseis, especially CH, because they work all day and then come to teach class where the students get to show up whenever they please. That can’t be easy. Much thanks to them for making the effort.

We didn’t get to spar, and as always, I came away from class vowing to be more diligent about practicing and working with A before next class. Let’s hope I can follow through on that one.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to RIC for the pic.

No comments: