Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cramming It In

Talk about a drag, just so we can take a weekend off to celebrate our birthdays, we have to cram in dumpling making over a few days. What sort of life is that? I know, you make your bed and sleep in it, it’s just a bummer when you really get down to it.

Part of the process is gathering the goods, and I had to drive around all day to get wrappers, fillings, and paper products. The one bright note was that HH called right as we were about to leave and said the kids wanted to get together, so I dropped A&N off at her house for swimming and fun, and didn’t have to drag them along. They were pleased about this development. When I went to get them, you couldn’t find two people in this world who were more disappointed to see me. They wanted to swim some more at the pond, and I said fine. It would give me time to make supper and let the kids have a few more hours getting crazy.

I was also able to get some lumber for the deck, and it always makes me feel good to do real-man’s work, so there were some bright spots. Now I just have to do it.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: