Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Barn Moving Along

I find this nothing short of amazing, but things are actually moving along in the barn. My friend SH has taken the reigns and been coming on weekends to plug away. He’s young, enthusiastic, and just getting started on his glorious career in carpentry. Plus, he’s a good kid, a local who shares many common acquaintance, and I trust the guy. The situation works out well because he can maintain a regular job but also make some side cash and work on our project.

Working the weekends also helps me because it gives me time to round up supplies that he’ll need, which I can get during the week. So far he’s insulated most of the downstairs and is working on the top floor. He’s going to insulate the ceiling and once that’s done, we are kind of moving towards the home stretch, whatever that means. So far, we’ve got the plumbing and electrical in, and the walls are all framed. Once the insulation is done, which could happen in the next month, we need to install heating, put up drywall, do the floors, and finish the exterior. The timing could be good because the outside siding will coincide with warmer weather.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that our contractor will stick with it. I’m finding this not to be the case, but there’s always a first time, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: