Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick as a Dog... Again

I knew it would happen at some point, but it sure blindside you when you come down with the flu. I was seeing people all around me dropping like flies, and once the kids started coughing, I knew it was just a matter of time. Sure enough, about three days ago, it hit me like a ton of bricks, and I’m still reeling. I know it’s the flu because I feel just awful, and I have the aches and chills that make you feel like you’re dying.

What made it worse, and I know R will vindication on this, was hockey. I started feeling sick on Saturday, during N’s game, and then by Saturday night, I was in full sickness mode. By Sunday morning, I was in pretty bad shape, but I had places to be, namely hockey games. What a drag. A had an early morning game in Northfield, about an hour north, and then N had a game in Rutland, about an hour and half south of Northfield, then A had another game at home. I went to all three. I knew R would have been unhappy about driving to N’field at 7:00AM, and can you blame her? I took A, but had to leave early to get to Rutland for N’s noon game. I arranged for A to get a lift to her second game, then after N’s game, we headed over and watched the end of A’s game.

I was pretty sick by the time we got home, so I went straight to bed without eating or drinking much. Today is Tuesday, and I’m still sick, but not as bad. I can function a little better, and I have an appetite, so I’m moving in the right direction.

Now if I can just get out of hockey, I’ll be okay. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Dog Help Network for the pic.

No comments: