Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inspired Workers

The other day the kids were going to a theme party and needed assorted props for the day. Some of it required the use of power tools, so I set them up in the basement and they went to work. I did any cutting with saws, but otherwise the kids did everything on their own. They were truly inspired, and if anything, didn’t want me meddling in their affairs. I was happy to oblige, and proud of them, as well.

They spent hours down there drilling, whittling, and sanding, and it was too cool for words. Sometimes your kids are so cute it breaks your heart. They finished their projects on their own, and then they decorated and stained them. They turned out great, and I think they were proud of their work, as they should have been. They worked hard and took their own initiative to design and complete the job. You have to love when kids do that.

Sure, the basement was a mess, but not any more of a disaster than when I work down there. Besides, what’s a little mess when your kids are doing great things?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to teohwp85 for the pic.

No comments: