Friday, October 25, 2013

Home Alone

The kids are away at camp this week, and I have to confess, I really miss them. It’s not so much that I’m sitting around pining away for them, but they are such a presence in our household that you really feel the void when they are gone. I realize I should be relishing all this free time to ourselves, and true, it’s nice not to have to stop working because I have to make lunch or dinner, but maybe I enjoy stopping to do things for the kids? Have I become a slave to domesticity, or what?

Either way, the house is quiet, but there is some value to not having an inordinate amount of free time. I remember when I was single, I sat around and got nothing done. Now that I’m a parent, I have so little free time but get so much more accomplished.

Aah, the paradoxes of life. Don’t you love it?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Steve Cyr for the pic.

No comments: