Sunday, October 6, 2013

Still Searching

I have been struggling to get my glorious freelance writing career off the ground, but it has taken on new sense of profundity given the potentially precarious nature of our financial situation. While it seems very possible for me to go out and find a job given my most recent experiences, that would entail me being out of the house for 8-10 hours each day in the salt mines. I realize this is standard MO for most people, but if possible, would love to be able to still be at home while maintaining our fabulously opulent lifestyles

This leaves the same old pie-in-the-sky hopes of finding writing gigs. Truth be told, I haven’t been searching with the sense of urgency that I should have had, partly because I have so much work to do besides looking for a job. Nonetheless, the time has come, no more messing around.

It’s kind of a bummer feeling the pressure, but it’s also a strong motivator and perhaps one of the only ways I’m actually going to get something done.

This should be interesting, stay tuned for more. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to dmangust for the pic.

No comments: