Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finishing the Outside

I am on the verge of finishing the trim on the outside of the barn, at which point I can turn my attention inward and work towards getting the insulation in and then the walls. Could that possibly be true? Amazingly enough, it is, though there's still a long road ahead. After the insulation is in and the drywall is done, I'm guessing at that point I can say the barn is sealed, unlike before when I incorrectly used the term to mean the exterior work was done. Clearly I still have a ways to go on my real-man training.

Either way, there's still some trim to put on the windows on the back and the gables, which will take some time, but I don't think it's unreasonable to get it done before the snow comes. I still need to get some wood, but in the interim I've been putting in insulation and visualizing the walls getting done. I have this fantasy that during the winter I will continue working on the inside, but again, time will tell.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jesus Rodriguez for the pic.

No comments: