Monday, September 22, 2014

Walking the Dog

I answered an ad on the listserve about someone looking for a dog walker and figured I'd investigate. The key qualifications were that I be reasonably fit and like dogs. I emailed said person and went up for a meeting. The house is reasonably close and up in the hills in an area that I never visit, but boy is it nice up there. So beautiful, really green and scenic. There are vast trails (VAST trails, no pun intended) that cover the entire area, so that's where I'm to take the pups walking. VAST is the trail organization, they might be a snowmobiling club or something like that, in the state that maintains the trails, and they do an amazing job. Up around the house in question, they are everywhere and make for nice trail hiking.

Either way, I took N we drove up the hill to meet the owner and the dogs and it was the first time really being up there. The layout is really nice, they have all sorts of animals at the house, including a donkey, which I thought was cool. The dogs were pretty energetic and one in particular goes hog wild over fetching balls and sticks, which A&N get a huge kick out of. I have to say, we love dogs and it's nice to be able to play with them. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for all the responsibility given all that's going on in our lives, but it's always fun to play with other people's dogs. These two are fairly energetic, but they have the great outdoors to play in.

It's also nice to meet neighbors that live close by and you never really knew. I've probably walked by them in town and didn't know who they were, but now I do. Also, a neighbor of said person knows me, so I got a good reference.

For now, we're looking forward to walking the dogs and doing some hiking. The weather is perfect for being outside,


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to marc gommans for the pic.

No comments: