Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fort Noxious 2

Our compost bin has topped out and I need to start using one of the other ones. The only problem is, I have that bear to worry about. That means building another barricade, and needless to say, I'm not feeling very inspired. I whipped out the first one in a day, and it was pretty sturdy, but I benefited from using new pallets. I got some more pallets at Woodstock Home and Hardware but decided that they would be better suited for the firewood. I have several old pallets that are falling apart, so I took those, did a little repair work on them with all the scrap wood I have lying around, and they will suffice as barricade walls.

Fort Noxious 2 is a work in progress, though it coincides with the cooler weather which could signal the disappearance of our bear as he starts to get ready for winter. Then again, that's the time he needs to start storing fat and will be looking for as many all you can eat buffets as he can find.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to London Permaculture for the pic.

No comments: