Friday, September 26, 2014

Trimming it Down

I am so close and yet so far to getting the trim done on the barn. I can practically taste it. I've just completed all the trim on the windows and doors, and I need to put trim boards along the soffit and prime, and then I can move on to the interior and get the walls in. If I can get the outside done before it gets too cold, that would be great because then I can get a space heater and focus on the interior during the cold winter months. I love the idea, but don't count your chickens before they hatch, right?

I need to get about a hundred feet of trim board and paint/nail it in, but that's pretty doable. After working on that dormer, everything seems more feasible. Of course I'll run into complications along the way, I always do, but for now, there's light at the end of the tunnel. I feel for the first time in this project that we are on the downward slope. There's still a lot of work to be done, but I somehow I feel so optimistic, don't ask me why.


I'll just milk this feeling while it lasts. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Tracy Romero for the pic.

No comments: