Monday, September 1, 2014

Goal Oriented

I realize this isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but when you're as far behind the curve as I am, you celebrate every small victory. I was talking to N and we decided that finishing the last dormer by the end of August was a reasonable goal, and sure enough, I finished it with more than a week to spare. Truth be told, I thought I'd get it done in a couple of weeks, but like always, it took longer than I expected. At some point I'll need to paint again because all it has is a coat of primer, but let me relish the moment for now.

There's still a lot of work to be done on the outside, mainly putting in trim around the doors and windows, but once that's done, the house will be sealed. Then I can focus on the interior, but one thing at at time, right? I will say that it's nice to get down off the roof. Working up there is not only precarious, but it really slows down the process because of the setup and the fact that it's hard to pound in nails when you're quivering with fear from the height. It doesn't look that high but it's a whole different perspective when you're up there.

Then again, shifting gears into a new area always takes a bit of adjustment... it's always something, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: