Monday, September 22, 2014

Firewood Envy

There seems to be a bit of a firewood crisis in this area, and that's a bummer for us, as you can imagine. They even had to go and write an article in the paper about it, which of course only stokes everyone's fears and anxieties and aggravates the situation. That's what the media does best, right?

I wasn't even aware that there was a problem, but I did know that we had a long snowy winter last year and that I spoke with several people who said they burned most if not all of their wood. We burned a lot of wood, dipping into next year's supply, which is a bummer but seems to be standard MO. Either way, I vowed to get the wood done properly this year, and so far, so good, except that I've cut and split almost all of it and it looks like it will cover only about 75% of next year's load.

With that in mind, I've been trying to contact my supplier and he has been ignoring me. This is how it has worked in the past; I talk to him in early spring and he says to call him over the summer, which I do and then I end up bugging him for weeks until I finally hear from him. All I need to know is that he can come through for me and I can rest easy, but until that time, I sit here not knowing, which is a big bummer. At least we're set for this winter, but I'd love to have logs to cut and split to finish off next year, especially since they forecast another long winter.


We'll just have to wait and see. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Anthony Maw for the pic.

No comments: